1)Actually, I'm looking to switch careers.
actually 实际上
look to
- 展望,思考 (将来发生的事)
We need to look to the future.
我们要考虑未来才行。
- 指望,依靠
We all look to you.
全指望你了。
-look to sb to do sth 指望某人做某事
They're looking to me to make dinner.
他们正等我做饭
-look to sb for sth 指望某人提供某物
We're looking to you for advice.
我们指望你来出主意。
2)switch careers 转行
switch(v)更换,改变
Why did you switch songs?
为什么要换歌?
switch with sb 和某人换(某物)
You can switch with me.
你可以和我换个座。
switch over to 换频道
Switch over to channel one 调到1频道
3)career (n)职业,事业
It's a promising career.
这是份前途光明的职业。
career-minded (adj)事业心强的
She is career-minded.
她的事业心很强
4)Well ,there' more to life than just your career, isn't there?
生活不仅仅只有事业,不是吗?
just (adv)仅仅,只有
isn't there? 不是吗?(反问语气)
5)It's a career-defining opportunity.
一个奠定事业成功的机会
career-defining 决定事业成功的
6)I was just frustrated because my career is going nowhere.
当时我因为事业不顺心,内心严重受挫。
frustrated (adj)灰心的,气馁的
go nowhere 没有成功,一无所成
my career is going nowhere.
我的事业毫无成就
7)No I quit ,'cause enough is enough , you know?
不,我辞职了,受够了,你明白吧。
enough is enough 够了,行了,适可而止
You should know when enough is enough.
你该知道什么时候得适可而止
8)I just might even not work for a little while.
我可能暂时不会再做任何工作了。
while (n)一段时间
a little while 暂时
9)I don' mind working hard, but I like to feel appreciated.
我不介意工作幸苦,但我想得到赏识。
appreciated (adj)被欣赏的,被重视的